Energy and oil & gas law
BLC stands as an undisputed leader among the law-firms in Georgia in the energy related matters.
BLC represents approximately 80% of all new hydro energy companies in Georgia.
ENERGY AND OIL & GAS SERVICES:
- BLC has Actively negotiated number of Production Sharing Agreements in Georgia on behalf of international companies for extracting of oil & gas.
- Negotiating with the government of Georgia the respective Concession Agreements, Guaranteed Power Purchase Agreements, Transmission Line and Dispatch Agreements.
- Providing legal memoranda on Georgian legal environment, energy laws, construction matters, due diligence studies of the existing energy companies, etc.
- BLC has negotiated and litigated on behalf of the energy companies with respect to the issues of acquisition of lands and passed through the proceedings related to the claiming Eminent Domain.
- Kolin Construction together with Limak Holding, a winner of the tender for construction and operation of 104 MW HPP cascade also in Western Georgia on the river Tekhuri (International Counsel Clifford Chance – Frankfurt).
- JV Group (Turkish Nurol and South Korean Kepko, SK Engineering), which has signed Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Georgia regarding construction and operation of 450 MW HPP in Namakhvani (International Counsel Dewey & Leboeuf – London).
- Anadolu Group, which started construction of 85 MW HPP in Southern Georgia, namely in Paravani (International Counsel Dewey & Leboeuf – London/Dubai).
- Georgian Railway Construction (GRC), which is a winner of the tender for construction and operation of 300 MW HPP cascade also in Western Georgia on the river Nenskra (International Counsel Clifford Chance – Frankfurt).
- Enerjisa, which is a joint venture of Sabanci Holding and Verbund for the perspective bidding in the pending Upper Mtkvari HPP project in Georgia; (No International Counsel appointed).
- JSC INTERRAO UES group, which has acquired two hydro power plants on the river Khrami in southern Georgia and is planning to construct a hydro power cascade.
- Agaoglu., which is planning to construct Akhaltsikhe-Arakali hydro power cascade (No International Counsel appointed).
- Norwegian Clean Energy Invest and Tata Power, which are planning to construct hydro power cascade in Adjara region of Georgia (International Counsel: King & Spalding - London).
- Achar Energy constructing the HPP on Achara River (No international counsel appointed).