Banking and finance
BLC is privileged to be one of the exceptionally few Georgian law firms involved in most of the capital markets transactions completed or prepared by the Georgian issuers.
BLC has been engaged on number of projects for Eurobond offering and Liability Management Transaction at LSE by the Georgian issuers.
BLC has cooperated with international Law firms – Baker McKenzie, Dewey&LeBouef and Dechert LLP on these projects and carried out extensive research of Georgian legal and financial environment.
BLC has provided extensive counseling and representation to the international and local banks and financial institutions in the process of:
- Acquisition of license.
- Mergers and acquisition of shares.
- Complex financing deals.
- Structuring facilities.
- Derivatives Securities and pledges.
- Analysis and due diligence studies.
- BLC has been engaged as a counsel in joint EBRD/IFC investment projects involving loan and equity investments in Georgian entities.
- BLC Law Office has acting as a Georgian counsel for Asian Development Bank throughout acquisition of Basis Bank through the financing made by ADB. As part of the M&A, we have advised ADB in structuring the acquisition and reviewing the due diligence study, as well as assistance in going through the local formalities necessary for acquisition of a majority stake in a commercial bank licensed in Georgia.
- BLC acted as lead legal counsel of Anaklia Development Consortium LLC in an infrastructure project of the century – Anaklia deep sea port project. This is an exceptional investment transaction of unparalleled importance, where BLC was actively involved from the start of the project, through the negotiations with the Georgian government until the successful closing of the Investment Agreement. Currently BLC remains involved in the project as an outside counsel.
- BLC has been engaged on two IPOs of State owned companies - Georgian Railway (estimated investment amounting 250-350 million USD) and GOGC.
- Georgian Railway’s (State owned nationwide railway operator) Eurobond offering for the amount of 250 million USD has been completed in the year 2010. The Liability Management Transaction of the same company was successfully closed in 2012.
- The Eurobond Offering for Georgian Oil and Gas Corporation (“GOGC”) (a state-owned company operating the major pipelines in Georgia) for the amount of USD 250 million was completed in the second quarter of 2012.
- The Eurobond Offering and Liability Management Transaction for Bank of Georgia was completed during the first quarter of the year 2011 for the amount of 200 million USD.
- BLC was also involved as a Georgian counsel of the issuer in contemplated Eurobond Offering by TBC Bank in 2011.
- BLC represented the State of Georgia acting through Ministry of Finance, in the Eurobond Offering and Liability Management Transaction for Sovereign Bonds that were completed during the first quarter of the year 2011 for the amount of 500 million USD.